BUCKEYE FURNACE STATE MEMORIAL
Buckeye Furnace is a reconstructed charcoal-fired iron blast furnace with original stack, typical of those operating in southeastern Ohio's Hanging Rock Iron Region more than a century ago.
Visitors to this 270-acre site can see the furnace, originally built in 1852, which went out of blast for the last time in 1894. Attached to the furnace is the reconstructed casting shed. Above the furnace is the charging loft where iron ore, limestone, and charcoal were loaded into the furnace, and the engine house which contained a steam-powered compressor. The reconstructed company store serves as a visitor orientation area. There are two nature trails.