Land Acquisition: Thelake was created by a 1953 donation from Dr. and Mrs. Robert L. Freidrich of Manhattan. The donation included 247 acres of Flint Hills land, specifically dedicated to future development of a recreational lake and park. In 1955, the Department of Wildlife and Parks completed a 75-acre lake, one of the most scenic in the state.
Area Description: This area provides fishing, camping and wildlife viewing opportunities. Much of the area is primarily oak/hardwood timber with some native grass on the upland portion.
Pottawatomie State Fishing Lake #2 is located 2 miles east of Manhattan on Highway 24, 2 miles north on Green Valley Road., 1.5 miles west on Junieta Road, 1 mile north on State Lake Rd. in Pottawatomie County.