NORRIS DAM STATE PARK
Picnic areas are available on both the east and west sections. Each area is equipped with tables and grills, with playground and restrooms nearby.
There are two large picnic pavilions for larger gatherings. Pavilion #1 is offered free on a first-come, first-serve basis and pavilion #2 may be reserved up to a year in advance and accommodates up to 100 people. Pavilions are equipped with grills and water spigots.
Call for reservations:
Cabins available that are accessible to persons with a disability
The park has 19 rustic vacation cabins and 10 three-bedroom deluxe cabins. All are located in quiet, wooded settings and are completely equipped for housekeeping including electrical appliances, cooking and serving utensils, and linens.
Deluxe cabins: These cabins have 3 bedrooms, each with a double bed. All linens are furnished. They also haveone bathroom, living room with a dining area connected, fully furnished kitchen with all cooking and eating utensils provided. They have color television, central heat and air, fireplace with firewood provided in season, carpeted, 2 porches and a picnic table and grill in the yard. No telelphone in the cabin. Pay phone is located near the center of the cabin area. The maximum number of people allowed per cabin is six including children. Open year round.
Rustic cabins: These cabins have a kitchenette, bath w/shower, electric heaters, air conditioning, fireplace w/firewood provided in-season. Some have a separate bedroom from the living room area. Some are a combination living area and bedroom. They have televisions. Linen and cooking utensils provided. There is no telephone in the cabin but a pay phone is located near the entrance of the cabin area. The maximum number of people allowed per cabin is six including children. Open April 15 through October 31.
Reservations may be made a year in advance. No pets allowed in the cabins with the exception of guide dogs. Cabins must be paid in full when checking in. Cabins can be reserved for a two-nights minimum stay off season from Sept. 2 until May 30. We require a deposit equal to the first night's rent. Deposit must be received within 2 weeks after reservation is made. For refunds, a ten day notice is required on cancellations. For group reservations, a 45 day notice is required for refund.
Sites available to persons with disabilities.
The park has two camping areas with 25 sites in the east section and 50 sites in the west section of the park. Sites have tables, grills and electrical and water hookups, while some sites in the east primitive section lack these facilities. Modern bathhouses and dump stations are provided, and a laundromat is located near the park Village Green Complex adjacent to the pool and recreation center. Sites are available only on a first-come, first-serve basis, and maximum stay limit is two weeks. A primitive camping area is available to scout and other youth groups by reservation only.
Laundry facilities are available and the cost is 1.00 to wash and 1.00 to dry.
Search for a vacation rental
The Pool is open for the 2005 season on Saturday, May 28th! Season passes are available. Pool is open 7 days a week from 10:00a.m. til 6:00p.m. through the Summer. Please call the park office for Pool schedule in August.
Located on the shores of Norris Lake with 700 miles of shoreline, one of the most picturesque reservoirs in the TVA system, this park offers the ultimate in boating, skiing and fishing fun.
A large, completely equipped commercial marina is located near the dam. For more information call 865-494-8138. The Marina is fully equipped, Pontoon boats are available for rent, and a there is a boat ramp available for public usage.
For information on fishing guide service, call: 865-494-8138
Trout fishing at it's best!Lake and river fishing available with catches of Brown and Rainbow trout, striper bass, small and largemouth bass, walleye, and crappie abundant. Fishing guide service is available. Contact the park marina for more information.
Norris Dam State Park is located near Clinton, Corryton and Knoxville
Many miles of woodland trails meander throughout the park and adjacent lands, providing spectacular views of Norris Lake and its surrounding hills and valleys.
Hiking trails are open year round.
The Lenoir Museum Cultural Complex is a must-see for park visitors. The complex includes the Lenoir Pioneer Museum, an 18th Century Gristmill and Threshing barn. Exhibits also include Appalachian artifacts, a pre-dam pictorial account of the area submerged by the lake. The Museum has at times been referred to as a 'mini-Smithsonian'. Tours available by request. For more information: 865-494-9688.
Caleb Crosby Threshing Barn:
Oxen once generated the threshing machine inside the main building. The barn stood for about 100 years along the north side of the Holston River. The land was to be flooded by the building of Cherokee Dam, so the family donated the barn to the National Park Service. The barn remained there dismantled for 34 years. In 1978, the barn was reconstructed at its present site.
18th Century Rice Grist Mill:
Originally constructed in 1798 along Lost Creek, this mill was operated by four generations of the Rice family. The mill has had many changes throughout its history. At times, the mill was also rigged to power a sawmill, a cotton gin, a trip hammer, and even to operate a dynamo that supplied electrical lights for the Rice home in 1899. TVA purchased the land the mill stood on which was to be flooded by the building of Norris Dam. The mill was carefully disassembled and reassembled much of the structure at its present site. The mill still grinds corn meal in the summer.
Will G. and Helen H. Lenoir Museum:
Will G. Lenoir donated much of the contents of the Museum to the State of Tennessee for permanent display. He collected for more that 60 years with a desire that the rapidly changing times not wipe out an appreciation of the hard work and ingenuity that were a part of the everyday life that was disappearing. It was not only the item, but also the stories of the people behind them he cared about. Mr. Lenoir enjoyed sharing his stories with Museum visitors until his death at 97.
Antique Barrel Organ:
When you visit the Lenoir Museum, make sure and get a close look at this antique barrel organ. During restoration, a German newspaper dated 1826 was found inside. The organ plays ten different tunes with 110 wood pipes to make the music. Also, with the turning of one hand crank, four stages of figures perform. In all, 44 figures are in action. These figures include dancers dancing, a clown clowning, foot soldiers marching, a woman churning and a blacksmith hard at work.
The TEA ROOM, on the East side of Norris Dam State Park, was built back in the 1930's by the Civilian Conservation Corps as part of the Norris Project and Roosevelts New Deal. Through the years, the building has been used as a restaurant under State and private management. Due to the historical significance of the building, we have designated it a NO SMOKING building.
Smitty's Fishen Hole
866 Ridge Circle Rd
C R Outfitters
2822 Andersonville Hwy
Cumberland Mountain Sporting Goods
3328 Andersonville Hwy
149 Stardust Ln
Harbour Club at Stardust II
149 Stardust Ln
Norris Lake Retreat Ctr
1105 Big Creek Rd
La Follette, TN
Norris Lake Retreat Center
1105 Big Creek Rd
La Follette, TN
Greens at Deerfield The
161 The Clubhouse Dr
La Follette, TN
From I-75, take exit 128 and go 2.5 miles south on Hwy. 441 to the entrance of the park.