1. Kolomoki Mounds State Park offers a large lake for swimming.
2. The park's beach area is perfect for sunbathing and picnicking near the water.
3. Lifeguards are not provided, so swim at your own risk.
4. Swimming season typically runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day each year.
5. Canoe rentals are available if you prefer boating to swimming in the lake.
6. The calm waters make it ideal even for novice swimmers or families with children.
The park offers a 80-acre lake where visitors can enjoy boating. Non-motorized boats such as kayaks, paddleboards and canoes are allowed on the water. There is also an option to rent pedal boats from the park's visitor center for those who do not have their own equipment.
Visitors can enjoy fishing in two lakes, covering 50 acres. Species include bass, bream, catfish and crappie. Fishing boats are available for rent but personal watercrafts aren't allowed. A Georgia fishing license is required.