BLADON SPRINGS STATE PARK
Centering around four mineral springs, this 357-acre park in Choctaw County in southwest Alabama provides modern campsites, shelters, tables and grills for daytime and nighttime family outings. The Park is located one mile north of Bladon Springs in southwest Alabama.
Opened as a spa in 1838, guests traveled from all over the country to benefit from the "curing" properties of the mineral springs containing sulfur, iron, magnesium, and calcium. A grand Greek Revival style mansion large enough to accommodate 200 people was built in 1846, making it one of the largest wooden hotels built in Alabama.
The "health" resort which gained the nickname "Saratoga of the South," stayed open through the Civil War until it closed after the turn of the century when the novelty of mineral springs wore off. The state purchased the property in 1934.
CampingWater/Electric Sites, #10
The park has a modern campground with 10 campsites. Each site has water, 30 amp electricity, sewer connections and a picnic table and grill. Restrooms are available but there are no shower facilities.
Campsites rent for $20.00 per night, plus 4% lodging tax.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE