Kansas
54
www.stateparks.com
'Western Meadow Lark' © stateparks.com
Western Meadow Lark
upload your photos

USA Parks
Kansas
Northeast Kansas Region
Tuttle Creek Reservoir State Wildlife Management Area
TUTTLE CREEK RESERVOIR STATE WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA
TUTTLE CREEK RESERVOIR STATE WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA
Land Acquisition: Purchase of land and construction of the reservoir was started in 1952 and construction was completed in 1962. License to manage the upper end of the reservoir was granted to Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks in 1964. Subsequent amendment to the license and additional surplus property increased the Wildlife Area to over 12,000 acres.

Area Description: Tuttle Creek Reservoir is the key unit in the system of flood control projects within the Kansas River Basin and is the second largest lake in Kansas. The Wildlife Area contains approximately 65% permanent vegetation (trees and grasses) with the remaining 35% in cropland, marshes and other food plots. There are three marshes that can be pumped totaling 365 acres and three marshes dependant on runoff totaling 115 acres. Good numbers of white-tail deer and turkeys can be found on the area. Other species to hunt include pheasant, bobwhite quail, fox squirrel, cottontail rabbit and migrating waterfowl.


Get directions
to this park:

by Town and state
OR
by zip code

Nearby Parks


Visitor Comments, Memories and Reviews


Share Your
Tuttle Creek Reservoir State Wildlife Management Area
Photos
(click here)
Weather Forecast, (66411)

Directions
The Wildlife Area is located at the north end of the Tuttle Creek Reservoir from the city of Randolph on Highway 77 north to the city of Blue Rapids and covers parts of Marshall, Riley and Pottawatomie Counties.

USA Parks
Kansas
Northeast Kansas Region
Tuttle Creek Reservoir State Wildlife Management Area
© 2014 StateParks.com