LOCKHART STATE PARK
Lockhart State Park is 263.7 acres west of Lockhart in Caldwell County. The land was deeded by private owners between 1934 and 1937. The park was constructed by Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), between 1935 and 1938 and was opened as a state park in 1948.
In August 1840, the Battle of Plum Creek was fought a few miles north of the park.
Wildlife includes deer, coyote, bobcat, fox, raccoon, opossum, armadillo, nutria, rabbit, squirrel, many varieties of birds, and several types of snakes, including rattlesnake and coral snake. Favorite catches in Clear Fork Creek are bass, catfish, and sunfish.